I am going to start a project to organize all the state entries into a consistent and more useful format. Some changes to the state entries will include:
- Organizing the entries by branch of government
- Replacing the general references to legal resource vendors (e.g., Lexis, Westlaw) with links to entries where the vendors are discussed meaningfully (e.g., State Cases, State Constitutions), per the post on May 14, 2011
- Standardizing the See and See Also cross-references in each entry, per the post on May 29, 2011
- Linking to the site where you can check bill status online, followed by the phone number to call for questions about pending legislation.
- Linking to any available guides for compiling legislative histories
- Linking to any available docket, corporation and UCC filing databases
Updates for the project will go in a new category called State Entry Improvement Project.